The Committee for Clinical Studies has new members and a new chairman
The government has appointed Chris Heister, chairman of the board of Umeå University and former county governor, as chairman of the Swedish Research Council's Committee for national coordination of clinical studies.
Six of the other nine members are also new and the Committee now consists of:
- Chris Heister, chairman of the board of Umeå University (new)
- Anders Blanck, CEO LIF (new)
- Ann Hellström, Professor at the University of Gothenburg and Chief physician at Queen Silvia's Hospital for Children and Young People
- Sune Larsson, Professor in orthopedics at Uppsala University and Director for Research and Education at the Academic Hospital
- Anna Lefevre Skjöldebrand, CEO Swedish Medtech (new)
- Jörgen Månsson, Adjunct Professor of general medicine at the University of Gothenburg and hospital manager at Carlanderska Hospital
- Kerstin Nilsson, Professor in surgery at Örebro University and Dean of the Department of Medical Sciences at Örebro University (new)
- Katarina Wijk, Professor of Occupational Health at Gävle University and Director for Research and Development at Region Gävleborg (new)
- Mikael Wiberg, Professor in hand surgery at Umeå University and Director for Research and Education Director at Västerbotten County Council
The appointment is valid for a two-year period, 2018-2019.
Read more at the Research Council's webpage.