National website for clinical studies
The purpose of the development initiative is to create a national website for clinical studies that functions as a “single point of entry” for business and academia, as well as the healthcare system and study participants.
As part of the mandate to provide national coordination of clinical studies in Sweden, a need has been identified to launch a website for clinical studies in Sweden. A first version was launched in March 2016. A comprehensive introductory study was carried out in 2015–2016 in order to identify the needs of various users of the website. Around 60 interviews and three workshops were held during the period, and 200 requirements were collected.
The collected requirements resulted in an effect map, and with this as the basis, a concept and a design for a new platform were developed. The new website was launched in Swedish at the end of March 2017.
Clinicalstudies.se will gradually be expanded in order to:
- provide a common information source on clinical studies in Sweden
- include information that facilitates the conduct of clinical studies
- inspire to new studies
- inform on Sweden as a competitive research country for clinical studies
- increase knowledge about clinical studies in Sweden
- facilitate contacts between users and the node organisation
- inspire and attract new research, for example via case presentations and interviews
The development initiative started in Q3 2015 and is expected to be completed in Q2 2018. The initiative has been divided up into the following steps:
- Pilot study and requirement collection
- Procurement of resources
- Prioritisation of the requirements received
- Creation of concept, design and development of technical functionality
- Production of content
- Preparations for administration