The six regional nodes – one at each healthcare region – work to improve the prerequisites for conducting clinical studies and for increasing the quality of the studies.
Each healthcare region has appointed a regional node to represent it in the collaboration - Clinical Studies Sweden.
- contribute to national collaboration
- are responsible for regional coordination
- serve as contact point and support for actors conducting clinical studies in the region
- propose and run national development initiatives
The nodes often have operations in their region that offer:
- support to companies and researchers in study requests
- contacts with resources in the region, such as quality register centres, biobanks, cancer centres, etc.
- basic support, for example with study protocols and authorisation applications
- basic training within clinical research methodology
- help with mediating contacts with statisticians, epidemiologists and health economists
Below follows a brief description of the structure and activities of each node.